We’ve done our best to create as accessible a site as possible with OrCam.com. Following the guidelines of the World Wide Web Consortium and Section 508, OrCam.com should be usable by anyone, with or without disabilities. Our efforts to achieve WCAG/Section 508 compliance have been guided by the accessibility requirements of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and guidelines promulgated by the World Wide Web Consortium.
Steps we have taken to improve accessibility:
(The following points are all based on WCAG 2.0)
- Appropriate images and non-text visual elements include alternative (alt) text as well as screen reader text alternatives for background images
- Pages include appropriate semantically correct structure elements such as H1, H2, etc.
- Site header area includes skip navigation links
- Form labels, directions, and appropriate cue relationships
- Data table markup with hierarchical tabular relationships
- Explicit roles, states, and disclosures of UI elements
- Focus order of navigation elements
- Proper use of color contrast ratios
OrCam continues to monitor and improve on these and other formatting features on OrCam.com so that guests can easily use the site with assistive technology. We will work proactively to find new ways to enhance the overall usability of our website. Please feel free to offer suggestions and offer feedback by contacting OrCam support.