Recently updated on July 2018
OrCam thinks highly of your privacy and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding our clients‘ and users‘ personal information.
This statement describes how OrCam Technologies, including its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “OrCam” or “Us” or “We”), processes personal data regarding our clients and users in connection with services provided by us, our website, and mobile application (the “Services”), the types of personal data we collect and process, to what purposes we use and process your personal data, how your personal data is protected, and with whom your personal data may be shared.
If you feel that a concern you have in connection with your privacy has not been met by the following Privacy Statement, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
- You are not required by law to provide us with any Personal Data. Sharing Personal Data with us is entirely voluntary.
- Our Services are intended for Users over the age of 16 or equivalent minimum age for providing consent to processing of Personal Data in the relevant jurisdiction. Children under such age are not permitted to register to or use our Services. If you are under such age you should cease to use the Services immediately.
- You may be entitled to request, to review, amend, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, pursuant to data protection laws applicable to you. Please note that in case you request to erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, your use of the Services may be restricted or disabled.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent Users‘ Personal Data to third parties. We only share Personal Data with third parties in connection with the provision of the Services to our Users, or other limited circumstances specified herein.
- If you choose to register to purchase OrCam’s products on the Website, you will be requested to provide us with certain Personal Data, such as contact information and information regarding the characteristics of your condition. For example, we may ask if a User suffers from any hearing loss, in addition to low vision. This information is requested in order to establish whether our products will be suitable for the User. When a User continues with the purchase process and submits this information, the determination of compatibility of our products will be made automatically. In certain jurisdictions such processing of Personal Data is defined as profiling, or automatic decision making. If relevant to you under applicable law, you may be entitled to object to such processing, and may do so by sending us a notice to: email@example.com.
The following topics are included in our Privacy Statement. You may click on any topic and be directed to the relevant information:
- What is Personal Data, and what data is collected about me by OrCam?
„Personal Data„, means any information which identifies or can be used to identify a natural person, including, but not limited to, first and last name, phone number, email address, IP address, billing information, etc.
OrCam collects the following types of Personal Data:
- Data you give us about yourself
When you contact us or purchase our product through our website, you will be requested to provide us with certain information, contact details (name, email address, ID, mailing address, and phone number), your location, payment details, date of birth, relevant medical condition, your interest in our products, and other information.
If you contact our customer service for assistance in connection with any questions you may have, or handling registration or warranty issues, as well as contact us for other purposes such as providing feedback, we will retain information provided to us by you in this context. Such information may include, in addition to your contact details and the nature of your customer service issue, data concerning your device model and serial number, your location, statistics regarding your operation with the device, and the way you operate your device.
We also collect certain information in connection with the use of our mobile application, such as location information, and information concerning your use of our products, as relevant to the mobile app.
- Data you give us about someone else
In the event you interact with us on behalf of a person close to you, you may wish to provide us with Personal Data regarding that person. While we value your assistance and care for others, please note that it is your responsibility to make sure that any person whose Personal Data you provide is aware of the principles of this statement and agrees that you will provide Personal Data to us on this basis.
Please note that we may not be able to provide all services to the person on whose behalf you contacted us without receiving his/her direct consent. Therefore we may request your assistance in communicating with that person.
- Data collected automatically
Personal Data collected automatically may include IP address, hardware, software or internet browser information, operating system, versions, settings (i.e. language), statistics regarding your use of our services and location. We also collect data regarding the date and time of your visit in our website, apps and social media pages, information about the way you interact with our website or app, such as pages you visited, content viewed by you, etc.
- Data we receive from others
In the event you purchased our products indirectly through a partner or distributor of OrCam, we may receive Personal Data about you in connection with such purchase and the use of our product. For example, when a distributor transfers data concerning a client in the context of customer support issues.
- What will OrCam do with my Personal Data?
- Non-Personal Data.
Non-Personal Data is used mainly for click stream analysis in order to constantly improve and maintain our Services, including among others, in order to measure and understand the level of engagement to our services, for general business analytics and in order to provide a more personalized experience and tailored content, for ensuring the technical functioning of our network, to help prevent fraudulent use of our Services and for developing new services.
- Personal Data.
Personal Data is used only for the following limited purposes:
- Responding to questions or comments and to help resolve any problems.
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- To protect the security or integrity of our databases and the Services, and to take precautions against legal liability.
- To improve our products and Services, and to develop new features, products and services.
- To improve your experience on our website and mobile app, and customize our Services to your interests.
- To protect and enforce our legal rights and the rights of our users and third parties.
- Legal basis of processing Personal Data
- Certain processing activities conducted by us are based on the necessity of such activities for the performance of the agreement and obligations between us and our users. For example, we need your contact details and billing information in order to enable the purchase of our product. We also need certain medical information about you in order to ensure that the product you purchase will be suitable to your needs.
- Other processing activities are based on the grounds that they are necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third parties, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of users.
- There may be certain processing activities based on your consent to this Privacy Statement. In connection with such activities, you may rescind your consent, by sending us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that in the event you rescind your consent to the processing of Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the Services and products.
- Sharing personal data with others
- Non-Personal Data
Non-Personal Data, aggregate and statistical or otherwise anonymized data may be shared without limitation with third parties at our discretion, such as Google Analytics. This information does not contain any Personal Data and is used to develop content and services for our Users.
- Personal Data
We share Personal Data only under the following limited circumstances:
- With our distributors and service providers, in order to provide high quality service to you, we will ask in some cases (depending on regions and some other cases like native language) a representative of OrCam (a distributor, consultant or other business partner) to be in touch with you regarding your inquiries and needs. In such cases we will share with this representative certain Personal Data – usually your name and contact details but also other relevant information.
- With payment providers and financial institutions, who assist us in connection with validating payments and credit cards, in order to process your payments and complete your order.
- With third parties who assist us in operating the Services, conducting our business, expanding our business or servicing you, and for personalizing your experience of the Services and products.
- Otherwise, only with your prior consent.
- To comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Services and products, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, to enforce applicable Terms of Service, to address fraud, security, or technical issues, to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of OrCam, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- How does OrCam protect my Personal Data?
All information collected by us, will be maintained in confidence and protected by using appropriate data protection mechanisms.
We are taking appropriate actions to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us. We use customary software systems and procedures, whether by ourselves or by our business partners, including security and technical procedures to protect your Personal Data.
- How long will OrCam retain my Personal Data?
We reserve the right to retain any Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary in order to: (i) fulfill the purposes described herein; (ii) in the defense or assertion of legal claims and liability; (iii) for the analyses and improvement of the Services and products; and (iv) to comply with applicable law. Non-Personal Data and statistical or anonymized data may be retained by us without limitation.
- What can I do to control my Personal Data?
There are multiple ways in which you can be in control of your Personal Data collected by us subject to applicable law.
- Reviewing and amending your Personal Data. You are entitled to review your Personal Data. You may exercise this right by sending us a request in connection with your Personal Data to: email@example.com. In the event any Personal Data is incorrect or outdated, you may update and correct such data by providing us with appropriate notification. You can ask us to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Right of erasure and restriction. You may also be entitled request the erasure or the restriction of your Personal Data, and we will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
- Personal Data Portability of Personal Data. To the extent applicable to you and to the Services and products, you may request the portability of your Personal Data, and we will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
- Changes to previous consents. In cases where we process your Personal Data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. In cases where we use your Personal Data for legitimate business interest, you can object at any time to processing.
- If you can’t find such actions within our website, application, social media or otherwise then you can contact us at the below contact details.
- You are also entitled to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in connection with concerns you may have with regards to your privacy and Personal Data.
- Will OrCam transfer my Personal Data internationally?
Our databases are currently located in the USA.
Some of our processing activities are made in Israel. Please note that the European Commission has determined that the State of Israel ensures an adequate level of privacy and data protection, therefore, in accordance with the GDPR, the transfer of Personal Data to Israel is lawful and does not require any specific authorization.
Any further transfer of Personal Data outside the EEA to a third country (other than Israel) shall be made in accordance with applicable law, including by providing adequate protections, or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of our users‘ privacy.
- Persons under 16
Our site, app Services and products are intended for a general audience, and are not directed to persons under 16 years old. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Data without their consent, he or she should contact us immediately. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from people under 16 years old. If we become aware that a person under 16 years old has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete such data from our databases.
- Applicable Laws
The provisions included in this Notice relating to matters regulated under the GDPR will apply only to the processing of Personal Data which is subject to the GDPR in accordance with the applicability provisions contained therein. If the GDPR does not apply to the processing of your Personal Data, some of the provisions above may not apply to you.
We may change this statement from time to time, as will be described in this statement. However, we will not derogate from any rights you have under this statement or applicable law without your prior consent.
- How can I contact OrCam?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our data collection practices, please contact us at the following email address:
OrCam Technologies Ltd.
3 Kiryat HaMada
Attn: Legal department
Terms of Service
This website is the exclusive property of OrCam Technologies Limited (“OrCam”). The content published in this site, including, without limitation, materials, documents, images, audio, videos, trademarks, copyrighted materials, graphics, logos, designs or any other information provided from or on this website (hereinafter “Content”), is for informational purposes only for OrCam customers, investors, vendors and employees. No license is granted by OrCam to anyone to use or exploit any of the Content. None of the Content shall be reproduced, distributed or otherwise exploited, online or in print, without the prior written permission from the webmaster of www.orcam.com.
The Content does not constitute investment or financial advice. OrCam has no obligation to be sure that the access to the website or the Content is accurate, complete, up-to-date or current, free from inaccuracies, errors or interruptions, free from changes caused by any third party, computer viruses or other harmful components. OrCam may change, withdraw, improve or otherwise modify the Content at any time.
Content which is hyperlinks maintained by third parties provided in this website is not under OrCam’s control and OrCam is not responsible for the content of those sites, and any access to such linked-sites is entirely at the responsibility of the user.
All copyright interests, titles in and related to the Content are the property of OrCam, and may not be used without OrCam’s prior written permission.
OrCam products are still under development and any videos or other information on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Certain features and functionalities portrayed are still under development and may not be available in the product you purchase. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. OrCam devices are intended to enhance the day-to-day lives of individuals with visual impairments. They are not substitutes for existing methods or forms of assistance and should not be relied upon in circumstances which are potentially life- or health-threatening or which could lead to financial loss. Requesting an in-person free demonstration of any of OrCam’s devices is subject to the location of the intended user and OrCam’s distribution channel’s availability and access to said location.
For any inquiries about OrCam’s terms of service, please email info@OrCam.com.